PFL Willing to Match Francis Ngannou’s UFC Purse, Says Director Dan Hardy

March 30, 2023
From: Spartacus

According to a recent interview with Dan Hardy, Francis Ngannou, the former heavyweight champion of the UFC, might shortly find a new home with the Professional Fighters League (PFL).

Ngannou quit the UFC earlier this year, alleging that the organisation had refused to concede to his requests during contract talks. Ngannou has stayed a free agent thus far, despite rumours of a possible boxing match against Tyson Fury or Deontay Wilder.

Dan Hardy, the PFL’s director of European fighter relations and a former contender in the UFC, stated in an interview with MiddleEasy that he has a strong hunch that Ngannou will shortly sign with the PFL.

“We’ll have Francis Ngannou in no time, coming over and fighting for it. I just feel it in my bones… I just know he’s coming,”

In addition, Hardy stated that the PFL is willing to match Ngannou’s purse and that it can provide everything the UFC was seeking to give.

“His demands for the UFC is exactly what the PFL offers, right. So everything that he was asking for from the UFC, it’s already on the table over here [at PFL], right? As long as the money is on the table alongside to match the heavyweight king’s purse, then I think he’ll be happy. And I think we can certainly do that for him.”

The PFL’s heavyweight division might experience an uptick in excitement as a result of Ngannou’s enviable octagon exploits.

Francis Ngannou is eager to begin his boxing career before joining a new promotion.

Before signing on with a new promotion, Francis Ngannou has made it clear that he is eager to advance his boxing profession. His top priority is to establish himself in the boxing ring before going back to mixed martial arts, even though he is presently in talks with organisations like the PFL and ONE Championship.

The Cameroonian fighter recently discussed his possible plans with ESPN MMA’s Brett Okamoto, saying that he may soon face Tyson Fury or Deontay Wilder. Ngannou emphasised that his first fight must take place in the boxing ring, but he is still open to the thought of going back to MMA after he achieves his objectives in the boxing world.

“There’s no rush, but I’m having serious conversations with PFL and also with ONE, But there’s no rush. My first fight has to be in boxing, so that’s where my focus is at right now.”

Recently, MMA champions like Nate Diaz and Francis Ngannou have severed their ties to the UFC in order to venture onto new terrain. McGregor was questioned by The MMA Hour if he intended to work with another promoter once his contract with the UFC expires. 

Conor McGregor, who is anticipated to face Michael Chandler in the Octagon this year, will make his comeback. The two-division UFC champion still has two matches left on his present deal with the organisation. If he engages in two bouts this year, he will be a free agent by 2024.

The Irish mixed martial artist expressed his thoughts on Ngannou’s choice to break off his relationship with the UFC and attempt his hand at boxing. McGregor expressed his opinion about Ngannou, saying that the Cameroonian-French MMA champion erred by quitting the UFC. McGregor drew attention to the fact that Ngannou had received a lot of support from UFC Performance Institute as well as assistance in recuperating from a serious knee injury.

McGregor said, “Ngannou, think of all he got. He had his injury, he was in that PI using all the equipment, all everything, there was no dough on that. There would have been no charge on that. He’s getting the accommodation, he’s getting everything sorted. I thought he made an error, to be honest. I mean, he hasn’t fought in a minute. Get a bout under the belt and then maybe start. I wasn’t sure why he done that, to be honest. He kind of took the shine off him how it went, but look, I wish him well.” 

Related Posts
Usman Nurmagomedov’s Career Halted by Drug Test Controversy

In a stunning twist to the world of MMA, Bellator lightweight champion Usman Nurmagomedov finds himself in a challenging situation following a failed drug test. This development, initially reported by Ariel Helwani, has had significant repercussions, not only overturning Nurmagomedov's Read more

Dan Hardy brings his expertise to PFL Europe as Director of Fighter Operations

Dan Hardy was recently named the new director of fighter operations for PFL Europe, according to an important announcement made by the Professional Fighters League.  Dan Hardy, also known as "The Outlaw," is a retired English mixed martial artist who Read more

Sambo Practitioners Struggle in ONE Championship’s Submission Grappling Division, But Musumeci Remains Optimistic

Mikey Musumeci, a highly decorated Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu practitioner, has expressed his belief that Sambo practitioners will eventually find success inside the Circle. ONE Championship, one of the leading mixed martial arts organisations in the world, introduced a submission grappling division Read more

Wonder Boy and The General Square Off in Epic Showdown

As the sporting universe remains abuzz with excitement, the ONE Fight Night 16, is set to present a martial arts encounter of unparalleled magnitude. Two stalwarts from distinct martial disciplines, Fabricio “Wonder Boy” Andrade and Jonathan “The General” Haggerty, are Read more


app banner cta
website banner cta


Share: