The prestigious Lumpinee Boxing Stadium once again became the epicenter of martial arts excellence, as ONE Friday Fights 40 unfolded a night full of adrenaline-pumping Muay Thai and MMA clashes on November 10. Twelve matchups across different weight classes showcased the skills, tenacity, and sheer willpower of fighters, affirming the event’s standing in the global martial arts community.
Jaosuayai Sor Dechapan’s Triumphant Return
The talk of the town was the flyweight Muay Thai clash where Jaosuayai Sor Dechapan reclaimed his winning streak with a stunning second-round finish over Paidang Kiatsongrit. The 22-year-old prodigy demonstrated a masterclass in striking, systematically breaking down Paidang’s defenses with a series of punishing kicks and combinations.
The main event was a showcase of skill and strategy, with Jaosuayai maintaining a calm demeanor in the first round, before escalating his attack in the second. His flawless timing led to a remarkable combination of punches, culminating in a sharp left hook that decisively ended the bout at 2:21 of the second round. This victory not only highlighted Jaosuayai’s attacking prowess but also improved his impressive record to 54-20.
Aliff Sor Dechapan’s Knockout Performance
In the co-main event, Aliff Sor Dechapan’s lightning-fast strikes led to a knockout victory against Peyman Zolfaghari in their 120-pound catchweight Muay Thai contest. Demonstrating a blend of precision and power, Aliff’s relentless assault resulted in two knockdowns and a final right cross that sealed his win at 1:44 of the first round. His outstanding performance was rewarded with a US$100,000 contract, marking a significant milestone in his career.
Petpairin and Khunsuk’s Dominance
The event also witnessed Petpairin Sor Jor Tongprachin outmaneuvering Bhumjaithai Mor Tor 1 with a unanimous decision win. Petpairin’s impeccable timing and powerful strikes were too much for Bhumjaithai, propelling Petpairin to a 57-23 career record.
Meanwhile, Khunsuk Sor Dechapan continued his victorious streak by overcoming Detphupa ChotBangsaen with a second-round finish. Khunsuk’s effective use of his notorious hands sealed his victory and his 54-12 career record speaks volumes about his talent.
Mehrdad Khanzadeh’s Debut and Nongam Fairtex’s Strategy
Mehrdad “Black Wolf” Khanzadeh had a memorable debut, emerging victorious against Yangdam Jitmuangnon. Despite facing a relentless opponent, Khanzadeh’s superior striking ability earned him a unanimous decision win.
In another exciting bout, Nongam Fairtex demonstrated tactical brilliance against Phetchumpair Highland Gym. Despite a height disadvantage, Nongam’s aggressive strategy and powerful right hands led to a judges’ decision in her favor, enhancing her record to 47-5.
The Unpredictable Outcomes
Ricardo Bravo’s comeback against Oliver Hansen was a narrative of resilience and determination. After suffering two knockdowns, Bravo turned the tables with an impressive display of boxing skills, culminating in a knockout win in the third round and advancing his record to 26-2.
Xavier Gonzalez also continued his winning ways with a unanimous decision over Omar El Halabi. Gonzalez’s ability to outmaneuver and outstrike El Halabi was a showcase of his growing prowess in the sport.
Emerging Talent and Triumphant Returns
The event was also a stage for emerging talents like Rhuam “Show” Felipe and Parham Gheirati, who both secured wins in their respective bouts, proving their potential in this highly competitive arena.
Ben Royle made a triumphant return after a two-year hiatus, demonstrating his evolved skills and mental fortitude in a unanimous decision win over Ivan Parshikov in a gritty MMA battle.
A Stunning Debut
The event commenced with a remarkable debut from Coopar Royal, who dominated Ely Fernandez in a flyweight MMA clash. Royal’s comprehensive victory showcased his potential as a rising star in the sport.
Full Results from ONE Friday Fights 40:
- Jaosuayai Sor Dechapan defeated Paidang Kiatsongrit via KO (left punch) at 2:21 of round two in a Muay Thai flyweight match.
- In the catchweight 120 lbs Muay Thai contest, Aliff Sor Dechapan defeated Peyman Zolfaghari with a KO (right punch) at 1:44 of the first round.
- Petpairin Sor Jor Tongprachin defeated Bhumjaithai Mor Tor 1 by unanimous decision in their catchweight 123 lbs Muay Thai fight.
- Khunsuk Sor Dechapan defeated Detphupa ChotBangsaen via KO (body shot) at 1:19 of round two in the catchweight 113 lbs Muay Thai match.
- Mehrdad Khanzadeh defeated Yangdam Jitmuangnon by unanimous decision in a catchweight 122 lbs Muay Thai battle.
- In a catchweight 110 lbs Muay Thai fight, Nongam Fairtex defeated Petchumpair Highland Gym by unanimous decision.
- Ricardo Bravo defeated Oliver Hansen via KO (punch combination) at 2:59 of the third round in the 165 lbs Muay Thai catchweight match.
- Xavier Gonzalez defeated Omar El Halabi by unanimous decision in a 126 lbs catchweight Muay Thai fight.
- Rhuam Felipe defeated Samingdam LooksuanAutomuaythai by split decision in a flyweight Muay Thai bout.
- Parham Gheirati defeated Samingnum M Ekachart via KO (punch combination) at 2:39 of round two in a bantamweight Muay Thai contest.
- Ben Royle defeated Ivan Parshikov by unanimous decision in an MMA bantamweight fight.
- In a flyweight MMA match, Coopar Royal defeated Ely Fernandez via submission (rear-naked choke) at 1:38 of the first round.