In the realm of combat sports, few venues carry the cultural and historical significance of Bangkok’s Lumpinee Boxing Stadium. It is here that ONE Championship has chosen to unfold its latest chapter with ONE Friday Fights 40, scheduled to broadcast live on November 10 during the prime viewing hours in Asia. This event promises an evening brimming with the raw excitement of Muay Thai and mixed martial arts (MMA), with a total of 12 bouts poised to deliver an unforgettable spectacle.
The event is headlined by a clash of striking virtuosos in the flyweight Muay Thai division. Jaosuayai Sor Dechapan, whose striking prowess and unpredictability have become his hallmarks, will engage in what is expected to be a riveting technical battle with Paidang Kiatsongrit. With both combatants eager to bounce back from recent setbacks, this matchup is primed to be a critical turning point in their respective careers. The pressure to perform is monumental, as a victory on such a prominent stage could reignite their ascension in the heavily stacked flyweight roster.
The co-main event sees the relentless Aliff Sor Dechapan square off against Peyman Zolfaghari in a catchweight Muay Thai bout. Aliff, who has garnered attention with a string of knockout victories and performance bonuses, will be put to the test against Zolfaghari’s aggressive and forward-pressing style. This bout is not merely a test of skill but also of will, as Zolfaghari’s known resilience and propensity for pressure will challenge Aliff’s ability to maintain his composure and extend his winning trajectory.
Adding to the stand-up showcase, Khunsuk Sor Dechapan will take on Detphupa ChotBangsaen in a contest that is all but guaranteed to captivate the audience. Both fighters have a history of engaging in intense battles, and their matchup is expected to be a testament to the relentless and spirited nature of Muay Thai.
Beyond these highlight bouts, the event is steeped in international flavor, featuring an array of talent from across the globe. Fighters from distant lands, each carrying their nation’s flag and fighting styles, will compete, demonstrating the universal appeal and diversity within ONE Championship.
The MMA division at ONE Friday Fights 40 is equally poised to deliver drama and excitement. Ivan Parshikov, the Russian juggernaut, brings his unblemished ONE record into the cage against the grappling prowess of England’s Ben Royle, a seasoned BJJ black belt. This bantamweight bout presents a classic contrast of styles and will be a strategic and physical chess match that MMA purists eagerly anticipate.
To commence the evening’s festivities, the Australian MMA prospect Coopar Royle will confront the skillful Ely Fernandez of the Philippines in a flyweight bout that is set to ignite the competitive spirit of the night.
ONE Friday Fights 40 Matchups
- Jaosuayai Sor Dechapan vs. Paidang Kiatsongrit (flyweight Muay Thai)
- Aliff Sor Dechapan vs. Peyman Zolfaghari (120 lbs Muay Thai catchweight)
- Petpairin Sor Jor Tongprachin vs. Bhumjaithai Mor Tor 1 (123 lbs Muay Thai catchweight)
- Khunsuk Sor Dechapan vs. Detphupa ChotBangsaen (113 lbs Muay Thai catchweight)
- Yangdam Jitmuangnon vs. Mehrdad Khanzadeh (122 lbs Muay Thai catchweight)
- Nongam Fairtex vs. Phetchumpair Highland Gym (110 lbs Muay Thai catchweight)
- Ricardo Bravo vs. Oliver Hansen (165 lbs Muay Thai catchweight)
- Xavier Gonzalez vs. Omar El Halabi (126 lbs Muay Thai catchweight)
- Samingdam LooksuanAutomuaythai vs. Rhuam Felipe Morais Caldas (flyweight Muay Thai)
- Samingnum M Ekachart vs. Parham Gheiratimarkeye (bantamweight Muay Thai)
- Ivan Parshikov vs. Ben Royle (bantamweight MMA)
- Coopar Royal vs. Ely Fernandez (flyweight MMA)